When suffering from gastritis many are the questions that you ask yourself about what you are and are not allowed to it. Here there are a few dos and don’ts that can help you answering those questions.
Eat slow and with no stress chewing properly all the food.
- Eat 4-5 times a day in small amounts.
- After dinner wait at least 2-3 hours before going to bed.
- Eat fat free dairy products.
- Eat fruits like bananas and pears and alternate this with roasted fruit such as apple.
- Eat poultry instead or red meat (chicken or turkey are the best)
- Eat low fat fish such as hake or cod.
- Eat boiled and steamed vegetables.
- Eat pasta, rice or potatoes.
- Use olive oil when cooking.
- Coffee or Te
- Vegetables that product gases such as broccoli, cauliflower, Brussel sprouts and row vegetables.
- Citrus fruit (orange, strawberry, mango, kiwi)
- Fried food
- Red meat
- Fat dairy products
- Soft drinks (coke, fanta…) or any drink with gas including sparkling water.
- Very hot food/drink or very cold food/drink
- Cakes, biscuits or any other product from the patisserie
- Spicy food
- Ready meals